Here’s the latest status on the repairs to our P-51C Mustang. The plane is in good hands and making ample progress towards completion. Thanks to AirCorps Aviation for keeping our inspirational flyer in good hands!
Over the past week, the P-51C has undergone the following work:
– New flexible brake lines have been fabricated and tested and are ready for install.
– A vacuum line from the pump to firewall was removed and repaired where it had chaffed on cowling.
– The tailwheel steering cables were given a routine adjustment and rig.
– The tailwheel tire was replaced and the spare wheel assembly received a new tire and tube.
– There was some corrosion that was removed from panels forward of the windscreen. The inside of the panels were repainted.
– The Robertshaw actuators for the radiator and oil cooler doors were inspected for where on the brushes and points.
– The ELT antenna was replaced with the correct antenna for the type of ELT installed.
– The right mag that was removed during the season for repair has been fixed and will be installed back on the aircraft.