Attention students in grades 4 through 12!
There’s still time to submit your entry to the CAF Red Tail Squadron’s Tuskegee Airmen Essay Contests at redtail.org/tuskegee-airmen-essay-contest. But hurry, this year’s deadline in Wednesday, February 28!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to redtail.org and learn about the Tuskegee Airmen through the materials and information contained in the Tuskegee Airmen tab of the website.
- Read about the Six Guiding Principles, based on the lessons of the Tuskegee Airmen, at org/rise-red-tail/six-guiding-principles/.
- Encourage the student to think critically about how the lessons of these American heroes and civil right pioneers can affect their own lives.
- Write an essay that describes how the Tuskegee Airmen achieved success and explain how you can use the Six Guiding Principles to achieve a goal you have set for yourself. Please refer to the contest guidelines at org/tuskegee-airmen-essay-contest/ for full rules and details.
- Submit your essay online by February 28, 2018.
We look forward to receiving your submission!
The CAF Red Tail Squadron is a volunteer-driven organization dedicated to educating audiences across the country about the history and legacy of the Tuskegee Airmen, America’s first black military pilots and their support personnel. Learn more at www.redtail.org.