Thank you to Peggy King, daughter of Dorothy for sharing these items. The note regarding Dorothy’s flight goggles was interesting!
- Lapel pin – not official
- WASP pin – presented at graduation, worn above left pocket the on official uniform (approximately 3 inch)
- Air Corps Winged propeller insignia – worn on right and left lapel of official uniform (silver propeller and gold wings)
- Dorothy’s flight goggles – Funny thing is we found these in my dad’s tool box after his death, so evidently when WWII ended, these goggles went on to serve as power tool eye protection for decades after… and were still in fairly good condition considering their age 🙂
- Probably sterling silver replica of propeller insignia – not part of official uniform
- Official WASP insignia – worn of right and left lapel, above propeller insignia of official uniform
- Air Corps insignia worn on official WASP beret (hat)
- 44-W-5 Class book with page featuring Gen. Arnold and Jacqueline Cochran
- 44-W-5 Class book with page featuring Gen. Arnold and Jacqueline Cochran 2
- 2002 Aviation Hall of Fame (front)
- 2002 Aviation Hall of Fame (back)
Learn more about Dorothy Louisa Bancroft Hammett in WASP PROFILES!